Wednesday, December 22, 2010

And still more thrifted Christmas...

I bought a Santa head mug and thought "oh maybe I'll collect a few..." and then found these two Holt Howard cuties for 99 cents each at Savers. That store kills me...some things are absurdly expensive and then some things are really, really cheap. Go figure.
The hanging Santa is really a card I bought for a dime...actually, I bought ten of them for ten dimes. He is just adorable. Not thrifted, but thrifty is the Vera (modern) Christmas I succumbed to while shopping RETAIL at Macy's. It was 50% off of 25 dollars and I had some coupons and rewards so it ended up being about 8 dollars. They were limited in the Vera dept. I considered buying Christmas placemats, but they only had one and I didn't feel like questing to the other Macy's all over the island. The napkins that would have matched were plain and expensive. I am happy with the apron and obviously didn't need the placemats.

I recently made a friend's grandchildren cloth Mary Engelbreit books for Chrismas from panels. I thought "wow, panels are fun and easy to sew...why aren't there more of them?" Then at the thrift store, what shows up? this panel of 6 calico ornaments with it's original Sears price tag of 1.29. I paid a quarter. After my initial thrill of finding vintage craft items and kits, I get a little sad because the person with the intentions who bought it, never did it. I keep reminding myself of this as I sit among a million potential craft projects. I didn't have time to whip them up this Christmas, but maybe after.



The other half of the panel. So cute!




I also found a gingerbread house panel with it's original Sears price tag. I think the panels came from the same home. It's very cute, too.



Dolls for the gingerbread house...
Well, there was no Thrift Share Monday to link up to...so I'm bummed. I was delighted, though, to find actual COMMENTS on my prior posts. I hope people are checking back and I'm going to try to respond to comments. New to the whole blogging thing and all...but working on it.




1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Wow, so many Christmas goodies! I love the tiny patchwork Christmas tree.