Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Very Thrifty Christmas...

Do two angels make a whole host? These girlies were 99 cents each at the Goodwill! The next week, I found 2 more, so now I have 4 and that should surely equal a host!
Here are treasured Lego Chrismas characters from my college days of the 1990's. I think there are still a couple more at my parent's house in NC. I need to get out more to Target or Toys R Us because there could be new ones! These were probably 99 cents at Walmart, but I think those are days gone by. In the background are some thrifted brass angels that hold candles. They remind me of my mom, I love them!

Please do not laugh at my tiny tree. I thrifted it for 1.99 at Savers and it is the perfect table top tree. I spent about a half-hour picking off hot-glued Christmas ornaments and then decorated it with my Playmobil ornaments (from Savers). Christmas trees in Hawaii are just not worth it. I was a real-tree every year girl when I lived in NC. Since living in Hawaii, I've never had a Hawaiian Christmas. I've always traveled to TX or NC and so I never "needed" a tree. My bow is lame, I'm working on it!
Honestly, I had a HARD time getting any motivation to decorate. I started feeling all grinchy and bah humbug around Thanksgiving time. I think part of it was seeing Santa on top of Ala Moana Shopping Center the day after Halloween and part of it was just a variety of other things going on. Luckily, something came over me on Black Friday and I drug out the rubbermaid tubs and pulled out the decor. I have more to share, but I had to experiement first with putting more than one picture in a post. Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments: